Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet

"He who feared he would not succeed sat still"...I like the latin intros. Especially when it's applicable to what we're doing. It's much easier to sit around and feel sorry for ourselves and just not even bother because the journey seems too long or the objective unobtainable. So I think that deserves some credit already. Anyway, keep up the motivation, even though at times it's easier to just say screw it.

Didn't post yesterday cause of internet problems but I kept clean (I sound like a drug addict) and the workout went well. It was the first time I used my heart rate monitor for the workouts since it had been packed away from the move. It was definitely good to use it as a way to tell how hard I was actually working. HR hit around the 160s during the TGU and my max heart rate reached 192 during the last few Man Makers. Today Max Heart Rate reach 189 at the same place. So within a day my body already adapted, if only a little. This morning I accidentally I lost count and did 6 TGU on the left side and didn't even notice. But when I was substantially faster on my right side I figured I must have added one. That definitely is an improvement over day one when my shoulder failed at the top of number five on both sides. Anyway, I'm definitely feeling good about my plan and I can tell that I'm building a good base and working muscles that I'm not used to.

Hope you stayed on the wagon at Ricky Wayne's but if not, it's not the end of the world and I know you'll just pick right back up when you get back. I completely agree about revamping the amount of CT and RT for the 52 day challenge. You should constantly be assessing how your progress it going and changing the program to keep you moving forward. I'm 100% behind you on the choice to hit up cardio harder. I mean, sure doing RT will build muscle and increase your metabolism etc...but it's that high intensity stuff that will really give you that extra boost. So keep up the sprints and intervals and stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment