Sunday, July 25, 2010

No one's perfect...

Hey Man, sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was having internet issues since I'm not at work. I ended up having three beers at the going away party and then ate clean the next day until I went out to dinner again with work friends and unless you go to eat Subway in this country, nothing is clean. So temptation hit me too and now I'm down two days on the clean front. I know that you might be regretting the pie now, but don't feel bad about the occasional slip-ups. The way I see it, you shouldn't deprive your body to the point of uncontrollable temptation to begin with so the occasional piece of pie or beer or whatever is only natural and in the grand scheme of things, necessary. I think the whole point of this journey is that you establish a lifestyle of healthy choices and understand and see the benefits of those healthy decisions. And if you do that then you're no longer a slave to temptation. I'm on the fence for the argument that "just one's not gonna hurt" because I definitely believe that you can't deprive your body to the point you break down, but health is also a series of conscious decisions about what you put in your body and it's the sum of all those decisions that result in either a healthy lifestyle or a poor one. So far this week your sum is definitely toward the healthy choices and so that's something to be proud of and strive to achieve next week. Tomorrow starts day 1 of the 5 day work outs plus incorporating cardio and other lifting. I'm on night was wednesday and thursday so I'll at least be able to get the dumbbell work out in before I leave for work. Keep the strength and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment