Thursday, July 22, 2010

Get up you son of a bitch




"Get up you son of a bitch, cause Mickey loves ya!"  


That's how I feel right now.  Like I just took a shot from the champ.  Well tonight marks my first serious attempt at a CT in some time.  I hopped on the treadmill.  That's right the mf@#& treadmill, not the elliptical, not the bike.  There is a reason that I've avoided that hell spawn for over five years and you guessed it, pain.  But you know what?  It was fantastic.  I put in three miles.  Now for some of you runners out there saying, "So what?"  I would like to direct you to another site.  Maybe this one would be more to your liking.  I did a combination of HIIT and SS cardio.  When the music hit me AND I could still breathe I kicked it up substantially.  The following photo should serve as evidence that I am not bullshitting.  And for clarity's sake I am in the bathroom, I don't typically photograph myself at the gym.  Usually other people photograph me.  I also knocked out an RT for those playing at home.

The gym had its usual cast of characters come and go while I was on the deathmill.  We saw the classic short-tatted-to-the-nines guy that did curls for 30 minutes while his girlfriend was leisurely walking on the treadmill beside me.  I was 10 minutes in when she got there and I stayed on about 10 minutes after they left.  Take that oddly-attractive-roadie-lover-girl.  I forgot my headphones so I just cranked the iPhone on speaker.  Those poor bastards got everything from T.I. to Killswitch.  I figure after almost 15 years of proper gym ettiquette I'm entitled to be the ass.  Although I didn't take the cake.  Lo and behold while I'm sweating my Nicoderm patch off, I see a teenager lifting (you guessed it - biceps), and his gatorade bottle was slowly filling up with - wait for it - dip spit.  Good for you son.  I seriously had a Shawshank moment when I saw that: "I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left."  Speaking of Gatorade, you guys are gonna love where I picked up my hydration.  It's so fitting.
You think I'm walking to Publix after that?

Edit: Just for clarification, I got a Powerade Zero at the package store.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! It looks like you've definitely be hitting it hard. Keep it up! I also like the Shawshank reference. Coincidentally, today at work we were just talking about how Morgan Freeman was born fully grown and with gray hair...I also liked your Kipling reference in the 135 lbd barbell TGU post from the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back in action. Dynamic blog.

    TNT Man

    ReplyDelete