Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Practice makes perfect


You know how you get to Carnegie Hall, doncha? Practice.
Maybe Aldo the Apache was onto something.  Today was the first day of putting my best laid plans into practice.  Practice went well.  Got up early this morning for a clinical rotation at Glenwood.  They take care of autistic and emotionally disturbed youngsters out there; it was something to see.  They definitely don't pay those people enough for what they do.  I ate some oatmeal for breakfast and a nice lean lamb salad at Taziki's during our lunch break.  After wrapping things up I made my way to the gym for my first RT session.  It was solid.  Maybe a 7/10.  I came home and made a nice chicken salad sandwich for dinner.  No mayo makes me sad, but it was clean as a whistle.  Lots of pepper sauce, and some mustard made it at least bearable.  I've been pounding the H2O all day, and I'm feeling pretty good.  The hardest part of the day was the no tobacco PG.  But it's almost 2000 and I'm clean so far.  Hopefully that gets better.  

I've got a huge test in Pediatric nursing tomorrow, so that's #1 on the list.  But I'm going to get an RT and a CT tomorrow.  Wish me luck as I pull yet another all-nighter.





2 comments:

  1. Best of luck man, ill be right there with you on the all nighter.
    Btw awesome choice of songs for the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job man...just don't neglect sleep too often...

    ReplyDelete